Port Noarlunga Soldiers’ Memorial Bowling Green was established in 1939 and located on Onkaparinga River swampland at the eastern side of Saltfleet Street, south of the Port Noarlunga bridge.

It was not uncommon for the greens to be flooded in wet seasons, and the Club approached Noarlunga Council to be relocated at Witton Bluff on the Esplanade. With voluntary labour, new greens were created and opened in 1948, with the newly built clubhouse opened in 1949.

The Club had magnificent views overlooking the sea and jetty. The clubhouse was extended several times to provide accommodation for the membership which had risen substantially.

In 1986 due to ever increasing membership, a lack of parking areas and inability to further expand the clubhouse the Club was relocated to River Road, Port Noarlunga on a site over a rubbish dump. New greens were established, a clubhouse built and the facility opened in 1987.

By 1991 subsiding greens forced Council to totally excavate the old dump material and replace it with good compactable soil to a depth of three metres.

All greens were maintained by volunteers until recent years. Now the synthetic green is looked after by volunteers and D&D Curators maintain the two grass greens

Over the years the greens evolved to their present combination of two grass greens (A&B) and a synthetic grass green (C).

Club membership is approximately 220, the club rooms were recently refurbished and the kitchen will undergo a significant upgrade in May 2018.

Our Memorial Garden was established in 2016, kindly donated by former Head Coach Deanna Amos. The garden enables families of members who pass away to purchase a plaque for addition to the Memorial Stone. The Garden is maintained by volunteers.